August 20, 2013

The Legends of Summer: JT & Hova

P o s t . b y    l   R i t i k a

The Legends of Summer: Justin Timberlake and Jay Z at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena late July was the best concert I've ever been to thus far! My first time at a stadium concert venue, the crowd totaled around 60 thousand. And everyone, I mean everyone, was insanely connected by their love for these two musical geniuses.

Skirt: Crossroads original/ Netted white tank: Cotton On/
Sandals: Target/ Crossbody bag: Urban Expressions via Hautelook
Fashion note: Black maxi skirts are so popular right now. I saw so many girls in line wearing maxi skirts and black seemed to be the color of the day! The half sheer version I wore was breezy enough for a perfect for a hot summer day in Pasadena. Maxi skirts are pretty versatile...I saw stylish girls pairing them with grungy band tee's, tanks, crop tops and even oversized light sweaters.

JT & Hova started off together with their latest Holy Grail track, then did individual short sets of their all-time hits and then came back together as one for Suit & Tie.






Musically they're different, but their performance blended cohesively. Justin would end his "My Love" summer melody and end his song with "let me hear you bounce, bounce, bounce!" while Jay Z comes back on stage to pump the crowd with "Big Pimpin."


60,000 people attended

The final encore track "Forever Young" was a memorable way to end the night, especially after the Jay Z asked the crowd to pull out their cell phones and dedicated the song to Trayvon Martin. Suddenly, it was a sea of magical beams under a pitch black open, breezy sky.


Check out JT's smooth dance moves in "My Love"


No comments:

Post a Comment


Leave us a love note <3 . X . O

Pin It button on image hover